It's been a while since I had a Friday's Favorite Five posting, but these goodies were too good to keep to myself:
1. Mardi Gras Macarons. Although Fat Tuesday is 31 days away, Mardi Gras has already started in & around New Orleans. Why not celebrate with Mardi Gras-themed Parisian Macarons made in New Orleans? Last sumer, my friend & student Louise brought me a collection of Macarons from a French bakery in Maryland. I had always wanted to try these delicate confections, but never had the opportunity. I savored every last bite of the stash Louise brought me and now I've been obsessed with buying more. Obsessed, like I get up in the middle of the night thinking about them. Unfortunately, I live in the sticks and Parisian bakeries are not exactly abundant, so I'm left to order on-line. I think I'm going to have to treat myself to these colorful tasties!
2. Cranky Pants. How cute are these hand knit pants? I love them! Baby A. certainly needs a pair!
3. Tape Swell Wrap Arounds. I was introduced to this fantastic company through one of my favorite design blogs, Twig & Thistle. When I actually have the time to make a handmade card, I tend to throw it into a plain old A2 envelope and send it off. How easy would it be to slap down one of these wraparounds and make a plain envelope into something smashing? While you're scoping out their site, make sure you check out their packing tape line - scrumptious!!
4. CHA Sneak Peeks on "The Scrap Review". I've been a loyal follower of this site for quite a while. They have real scrapbookers write review on the latest & greatest. They are currently featuring sneak peeks of new products launching at CHA this month. I'm dying to get my hands on Tim Holtz' new Sizzix line (look here & here), including the Movers & Shakers products. Yum, yum, yum!
5. This Mary Poppins handmade costume from Etsy seller Mom2rtk. Seriously. I would wear this costume with the hat, parasol & high heeled boots to take the kids to the park. Heck, I'd even wear it to go grocery shopping. Can you just see me strolling through Martins with rosy cheeks and a handful of coupons? I would totally buy it, but for the fact that it is $449.00. Damn.
Have a wonderful weekend!