Here are the top five things making me happy this week:
1. This adorable "Fresh Cupcakes" shabby chic sign on Etsy. I need this for my studio. NEED IT. The artist handmakes each sign and distresses it on her back porch, thus the company name "The Back Porch Shoppe". Love it.
2. Retro bowling shoes. I'm thinking I need the pink/green combo. Each shoe is marked as a perfect size 7, no matter what size your shoe really is. I love that. My feet grew half a size with each pregnancy, so I'm thrilled to go back to my old size 7s.
3. Looking for some interesting clip art? Check out the Library of Congress pool on Flickr. They have an amazing collection right now called "Women Striving Forward". Friends & students know how passionate I am about the suffragette movement. This picture really grabbed me. Go check out their other collections. My favorites include the Photochrom Travel Views and Lady Constance Stewart Richardson (she was apparently all the rage in 1913 Vienna). Marlynn, I think you'll love the Richardson photos...
4. Chalk ink markers. Have you ever wondered how Starbucks makes their cool chalkboards so vibrant? Well, one of my favorite blogs, Sugar Pie Farmhouse, just let me in on the secret. These kick ass markers draw like an ink marker, but dry as chalk. Check out the cute project those clever gals made using an old drawer and a bit of chalkboard paint. I'm planning to use mine (yes, you know I ordered them!) on one of my vintage windows. I'm thinking some sort of "Sweet Shop" theme... To order some chalk ink for yourself, head on over to Amazon.com. That's where I found mine.
Want to get super clever? Wallies makes chalboard decals in cute shapes like houses & trees. Hmmmm...
5. This too-cute-for-words stamp from Catslife Press. How is it that I don't own this already?
Have a wonderful weekend. I'm looking forward to some "me" time in the studio. I have some cool projects percolating in this tired brain of mine. Hopefully I'll have some time to work them out!