Before I go any further, I just wanted to thank everybody for their nice e-mails & phone calls about my video for my Big Top Circus Book. More importantly, I wanted to thank my sweet hubby for putting it together (totally his idea!).
There are so many crafty things going on in the DC area this weekend, I thought I'd pull it all together for you so you make make plans for the weekend.
- The Paris Flea Market at The Cottage in Leesburg, VA. Both the shop and the backyard are packed with one-of-a-kind vendors, craftsmen & artists. I popped over there today (Friday the 27th) and was delighted to finally meet Amy from Inspire Company. She's just as adorable in person as she is on her blog. After nosing around for a bit, I settled on a beautifully handmade apron for my daughter, another roll of "Wish" tickets, and a whimsical frog & ladybug purse (handmade by PJ Furr). I was thrilled to see students Patty S. and Susan M. browsing through the booths after reading about the sale on my blog. I hope they found little trinkets to take home as well! Please note that the Flea Market is only on April 27th & 28th.
(Sweet Pamela Jane from Scrapbooks-Plus was there to give Amy a hand. I just love her!)
- My Madge Goes To Paris class is this Saturday at Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA.
- Danita's Japan Pop Up Book Class is this Saturday at Rubber Chicken Stamp Art in Gaithersburg, MD. I've yet to meet Danita, but I oohed & aahed over her class sample the last time I was at The Chicken. So many techniques crammed into one amazing book. Take a look, you'll like what you see!
- Get Croppin's Yard Sale on Sunday, April 29th. This is one of the biggest crafting yard sales on the Eastern seaboard. Loads of vendors peddling their crafting gear at low prices. I have a ton of friends with booths and they are all prepared to get rid of everything! You'll definitely want to make it out to Manassas for this one. Click here for more info.
- I'm not one to hype Michaels. I prefer the local stores. That being said..... HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW MARTHA STEWART LINE AT MICHAELS??? Go. Go now.
- Library Pocket Book Class With Jean at Angela's Happy Stamper on Sunday, April 29th. Instead of spending the afternoon curled up with a good book, why not spend the afternoon with Jean paying homage to a bunch of good books?! In this workshop, you'll create an intriguing concertina book out of library pockets and fill them with all kinds of treasures featuring some of your favorite stories. Jean has an abundance of supplies to share, but feel free to bring your own favorites to personalize your creation. You may not complete every single inch of the book in class, but you will leave feeling refreshed and inspired!
Have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to prep for my Madge class!